Animalintex is an impregnated multi-layered poultice and wound dressing for the treatment of equine wounds.
Animalintex is the original and only licensed absorbent multi-layered poultice and wound dressing available. It can be used as a hot poultice, cold poultice or dry dressing and is suitable for the treatment of infected wounds, open wounds, foot punctures, corns, bruised soles, thrush, seedy toe, abscesses, laminitis, sandcracks and thorns.
Suitable for horses and dogs, the dressing contains Boric Acid BP, an active ingredient which promotes effective healing, plus tragacanth, a natural poulticing agent that draws infection out of the wound. Animalintex is made in Robinson Healthcare’s UK manufacturing facility. Every batch has to be signed off by a Qualified Person to Veterinary Medical Directorate requirements to ensure consistent dosing and quality of ingredients.
- Additional Information
Brand ALGEMEEN Usage Text
One of the most versatile of all horse healthcare products, Animalintex can be applied either as a wet hot or cold poultice or as a dry dressing, depending on the needs of the particular situation.
• Thoroughly clean area to be treated
• Cut Animalintex to the size required allowing generous excess around the area to be treated. Place the remainder back in the bag for later use
• Apply the Animalintex poultice with the plastic side uppermost in a shallow tray. (Do not use a bucket unless it has been very carefully cleansed first)
• Use boiled water that has been allowed to cool to 38C/100F and pour the water into the tray around the edges of the Animalintex. Do not submerge
• When saturated, take out and gently hand squeeze out more water so the poultice is damp rather than wet
• Place on the affected area with the plastic side on the outside, moulding Animalintex to the contours of the body
• Hold in place with a bandage making sure the poultice is completely covered.
Follow the same procedure as above but using boiled water that has been allowed to cool thoroughly before pouring. When the Animalintex is saturated, squeeze our excess water and apply cold to the affected area.
After cleaning the area, apply the dressing directly then bandage. Used dry, Animalintex may be used several times and still retain its effectiveness.
Veterinairy Advice Whilst serious wounds should always be attended by a veterinary surgeon, many horse owners have discovered the benefits of using Activate as a routine First Aid dressing to help prevent infection in minor wounds. As well as an integral layer of activated carbon to help cleanse bacteria from the wound, and absorb exudate, the dressing also has a low-adherent surface to prevent undue disruption of healing tissue. Clean any wound thoroughly using a saline solution and make sure that any debris or loose tissue has been removed. To apply, carefully open the sterile pouch and place the dark, smooth side of the dressing directly to the wound. It is important that the dressing is in contact with the wound surface and that nothing else has been applied to the wound to create a 'barrier' between the wound surface and the dressing. Quantiy per stuk
Customer ReviewsNo reviews have been found
Login to add review